How can sports and remedial massage therapy help me?
Massage Benefits: Based on the information you provide about yourself, and a full posture and joint assessment, treatment is tailored to your needs. Using a range of traditional and advanced techniques massage can:
- Help you relax and feel better by general and deep tissue massage techniques to aid circulation and break down scar tissue/adhesions while helping to relax tense muscles.
- Improve circulation thus increasing the removal of lactic acid, waste products and toxins from your tissues, allowing you to experience general health benefits.
- Provide fast and immediate benefits by stretching specific areas of tension in muscles using a technique known as soft tissue release. This helps quicken recovery for returning to work or sports training and competition.
- Reduce muscle imbalances by stretching and strengthening your muscles through muscle energy technique leading to improved flexibility and functional movement and reduced strain on joints.
- Promote soft tissue repair by myofacial techniques that will aid smooth movement by working on the connective tissue that surrounds your muscles and connects them all together.
- Ease muscle tension through neuromuscular techniques where pressure is applied to trigger points to reverse reflexes that cause tension, stress and anxiety.
- Improve your posture through advice and exercises to suit your lifestyle and increase your self-awareness for preventing injury.